Monday, April 28, 2014

Brown scones

Carbs are my favourite food of all time. And so I've been eating brown scone every day in the past 2 weeks for breakfast. They cost me 70cents (euros) every time I buy it at the bus stop shop and 1.65 (euros) when I buy it at the hospital. I don't know how much I've wasted because brown scones are probably one of the cheapest things you can make. So I decided to make mine myself for this week.

I prefer brown scones than to white ones because they have like grains in them? Which makes it nicer to chew and stuffs. And also, they are healthier! :D





Ingredients:
1.5 cups of wholemeal flour
1/2 cups of plain flour
2 tablespoon of melted butter
1 tablespoon of baking soda
3/4 cup of buttermilk

I made buttermilk myself by putting 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into the measuring cup and fill the rest with milk (I used low-fat). Just leave it for a good 5 minutes and stir it. And tadah, you get buttermilk.

Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Basically combine all the ingredients together and form into a dough. Add more buttermilk or flour if it is too dry or wet. Then roll the dough out to approximately 1.5cm and use a cookie cutter and cut it. Obviously, I only have cliche heart shapes cookie cutters and thus my scones are heart shaped. Spread the remaining buttermilk on top of each scone and pop them into the oven for a good 15minutes. :)

I love eating them refrigerated, but it's completely up to you! I'm gonna try substituting butter with greek yoghurt the next time and I'll tell you how it goes! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment